» Advanced

Go Back   Shooters Forum > General > Hunting Stories > Game Pole
Register FAQ Members List Donate Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-01-2009, 06:09 PM
tpv's Avatar
tpv tpv is offline
Beartooth Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: fort worth texas
Posts: 2,498
axis buck


Registered Users do not see the above ad.


A friend of mine has 200 acres down in the hill country of Texas. They are seeing as many Axis deer as they are Whitetail this time of year down there. He brings them in with bailed alfalfa.
The tenderloin he cured and smoked for us was excellent.
Wish they would migrate up to where we hunt.
This one was shot inthe last couple of days
Attached Thumbnails
axis buck-rw%2520axis%5B1%5D.jpg  
__________________
Throw another log on the fire

Last edited by tpv; 04-01-2009 at 06:32 PM. Reason: attach picture
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Beartooth Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 358
No pic????
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-01-2009, 06:34 PM
tpv's Avatar
tpv tpv is offline
Beartooth Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: fort worth texas
Posts: 2,498
Yea, I forgot to attach the picture.
Each deer comes with three cats
__________________
Throw another log on the fire
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-01-2009, 07:00 PM
MikeG's Avatar
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 27,175
I figured those were the special hunting dogs!!!! LOL
__________________
MikeG

Quote:
Originally Posted by faucettb
Welcome to the forum. Rules are simple, be nice and join in.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Beartooth Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Texas
Posts: 158
That's a nice buck.. bigger than most that I have seen. How's the turkey outlook at your place? We went out for youth weekend by Breckenridge and the only flying turkey we saw was our decoy whipping past us in that 30 mph wind that day. Keep your ears open for any lease openings. Haven't seen a deer in 2 years on the one we are on and need to get something for the kids to see. Thanks, Monte
__________________
John 3:16 for me
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-03-2009, 07:41 PM
tpv's Avatar
tpv tpv is offline
Beartooth Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: fort worth texas
Posts: 2,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolpete View Post
That's a nice buck.. bigger than most that I have seen. How's the turkey outlook at your place? We went out for youth weekend by Breckenridge and the only flying turkey we saw was our decoy whipping past us in that 30 mph wind that day. Keep your ears open for any lease openings. Haven't seen a deer in 2 years on the one we are on and need to get something for the kids to see. Thanks, Monte
Hey there Pete,
PM me on the lease.
The wind is blowing so hard here that I saw a Tom trying to strut his stuff, but everytime he fluffed out, the wind would catch him and blow him backwards, so he'd relax, get next to the hen, and the whole thing would start over again when he puffed up.
We have some turkey hunters at the lease, but I don't expect much action at the lease. It is just too windy.
Me and a friend, just caught a bunch of bass, fileted them and fried them up with some hash brown potatoes. They sure were good.
I came back home.
__________________
Throw another log on the fire
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-04-2009, 08:29 AM
MikeG's Avatar
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 27,175
Heiko and I never made it. Both of us were just too worn out from the previous week and the weather report didn't help either.

Take your video camera next time! That sounds hilarious.
__________________
MikeG

Quote:
Originally Posted by faucettb
Welcome to the forum. Rules are simple, be nice and join in.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-07-2009, 01:31 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 21
cool. wish we had something like that around here.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-13-2009, 06:07 PM
SFT SFT is offline
Beartooth Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: New Braunfels, Texas
Posts: 1,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpv View Post
A friend of mine has 200 acres down in the hill country of Texas. They are seeing as many Axis deer as they are Whitetail this time of year down there. He brings them in with bailed alfalfa.
The tenderloin he cured and smoked for us was excellent.
Wish they would migrate up to where we hunt.
This one was shot inthe last couple of days
Does your friend allow other folks to hunt axis out there?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-14-2009, 01:56 AM
m141a's Avatar
Nawth East Moderatah
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Madison, NH.
Posts: 5,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpv View Post
Yea, I forgot to attach the picture.
Each deer comes with three cats
did the cats fall out when he gutted it?

Nice deer, congrats!
__________________
Chris in NH.

"some days, I wish my dogs could talk"
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-14-2009, 04:24 PM
tpv's Avatar
tpv tpv is offline
Beartooth Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: fort worth texas
Posts: 2,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFT View Post
Does your friend allow other folks to hunt axis out there?
Yes, he does.
If you want to call him, I'll give you his number.
The cats come free.
__________________
Throw another log on the fire
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-14-2009, 06:05 PM
SFT SFT is offline
Beartooth Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: New Braunfels, Texas
Posts: 1,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpv View Post
Yes, he does.
If you want to call him, I'll give you his number.
The cats come free.
That would be great, I appreciate it very much.

I don't even mind cats!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Season Closed and Nice Buck Appears kdub My Neck-Of-The-Woods 1 12-13-2008 02:39 PM
Browning Hi Power Trigger Axis Pin JayPee Gunsmithing 0 08-27-2008 03:43 PM
Buck shot for a buck Zapzoo Shotguns, Shotgunning, and Shotshell Reloading 2 05-18-2008 03:29 AM
My 2006 muzzleloader buck Idaho Ron Muzzleloaders 0 10-31-2006 07:33 AM
Axis of evil alyeska338 Humor 1 02-21-2002 10:26 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:56 PM.

< Contact Us - Shooters Forum - Archive >

 
 

All Content & Design Copyright © 1999-2002 Beartooth Bullets, All Rights Reserved
View Privacy Policy | Contact Webmaster | Legal Information
Website Design & Development By Exbabylon Internet Solutions
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2