11-08-2003, 02:22 PM
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mesa, Arizona
A Marlin 336 or similar lever gun is relatively easy to strip to clean.
1) Be sure the rifle is empty. Cock the hammer.
2) Open the action about 1/2 way.
3) Remove the big screw at the front of the lever, gently pull lever down and out of the action.
4) Grasp the protruding rear of bolt and pull out of action.
5) Look inside of the action -the ejector will be loose on the inside of the action, on the left side. Note the slot the ejector and leaf spring nestle in. Remove it (normally will fall out the bottom of action if shaken lightly. Put it somewhere to be found again for reassembly.
5) You now have a straight shot to the chamber and bore from the rear of receiver.
6) Re-assemble in reverse of disassembly. Be careful to get the ejector back in it's slot in the receiver wall before putting the bolt back in.
NRA Benefactor Member
NRA Certified Police Firearms Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NAHC Life Member
"Firearms only have two enemies - rust and politicans" author unknown