Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is one of those rare law review articles that uncovers a great deal of information typically overlooked by mainstream historians. I found the details leading up to the "Night of the Broken Glass" to be fascinating expose of how freedom can be lost.​

Table of contents and article link:​

"ARMS IN THE HANDS OF JEWS ARE A DANGER TO PUBLIC SAFETY":
NAZISM, FIREARM REGISTRATION, AND THE NIGHT OF THE BROKEN GLASS

STEPHEN P. HALBROOK<SUP>1
</SUP>I. Introduction: A Lingering Question on Gun Control and the
Second Amendment............................................................................109
II. Nazi Arrest Reports of Jews for Possession of Firearms Registered Under Weimar Republic Laws............................................................115
A. The Arrest of Alfred Flatow..................................................115
B. The Arrest of Julius Ignatz Gold............................................119
C. The Arrest of Alois Adler......................................................121
III. "The Arms Were Registered".............................................................122
IV. The Arms Seized.................................................................................127
V. A "Special Operation" Against Jewish Gun Owners..........................129
VI. Night of the Broken Glass...................................................................134
VII. Conclusion..........................................................................................140

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
This is one of those rare law review articles that uncovers a great deal of information typically overlooked by mainstream historians. I found the details leading up to the "Night of the Broken Glass" to be fascinating expose of how freedom can be lost.​

Table of contents and article link:​

"ARMS IN THE HANDS OF JEWS ARE A DANGER TO PUBLIC SAFETY":
NAZISM, FIREARM REGISTRATION, AND THE NIGHT OF THE BROKEN GLASS

STEPHEN P. HALBROOK<SUP>1
</SUP>I. Introduction: A Lingering Question on Gun Control and the
Second Amendment............................................................................109
II. Nazi Arrest Reports of Jews for Possession of Firearms Registered Under Weimar Republic Laws............................................................115
A. The Arrest of Alfred Flatow..................................................115
B. The Arrest of Julius Ignatz Gold............................................119
C. The Arrest of Alois Adler......................................................121
III. "The Arms Were Registered".............................................................122
IV. The Arms Seized.................................................................................127
V. A "Special Operation" Against Jewish Gun Owners..........................129
VI. Night of the Broken Glass...................................................................134
VII. Conclusion..........................................................................................140

WOW!

Gonna sell all my guns and bury the rest...

·
Registered
977 Posts
I gave the file a quick look.

Do you know if the public is free to post the ,pdf where ever they want or can it be had only from the web site.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
More!

Stephen Halbrook's website has another interesting article that traces German firearms law from the post WWI era to the Nazi era. This one provides insight into how easing firearms regulations, abeit with strict registration requirements, would facilitate firearms confiscation after Hitler came to power. Both this and the article cited earilier look at historical aspects totally ignored by mainstream historians.
------------------------
http://www.stephenhalbrook.com/article-nazilaw.pdf

·
Registered
271 Posts
It's nice to see a well documented discussion that has been prepared in a scholarly manner. His footnotes and references alone are of extrardinary value in documenting where things originated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts