Shooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its bad! I love 'em! Sometimes I pull my .25/06 #1B out of the safe, just to look at the wood. Its gorgeous!

I'm getting a #1A in 7x57, its the Craig Boddington series #3 "Leopard" with the Circassian Walnut. It'll definitely get shot, and most likely hunted with.

Most of the other CBs are in big bores, I'm not really interested in them as much as the Leopard, and the 7x57 is a classic caliber that is right at home in the #1A.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Matt,
Its not an addiction. An addiction would be something bad for you.
Ruger #1s are Not bad for you.
See? :D

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for the clarification! That makes me much happier!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Yep. My favorite rifle is the Ruger #1. Something simply "classical" about it. Would love one in 7x57. Been looking for a while now.

Be sure sahre pics when you get it.
Dan

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dan,
This guy also has a standard #1A in 7x57, if you are interested, PM me and I'll get you his contact information.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Dan, if you arent interested, I'd love to know.

I've got a 1B in 30-06 to go with my Kimber but I want a 1A or RSI to go with my M77 mkII 7x57.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Dan,
This guy also has a standard #1A in 7x57, if you are interested, PM me and I'll get you his contact information.
Definitely interested. Will drop you a PM right now.
Thanks.
Dan

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay guys, get your drool protectors on the keyboard!

Mine is SN#249, its the dark one in the photos. Michael, this guy has several other Craig Boddington rifles if you are interested in one of those PM me and I'll get you the info.

·
Premium Member
7,606 Posts
Sure are fine looking rifles! The only one I've been around is my twin brother's 220 swift. I used it for a summer shooting rockchucks while he was off hauling fish in Alaska, then he caught me!:p That rifle is a rockchuck launching machine!

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Shawn, I wish I could afford both rifles, I'd like to get one for my brother, as he's a lefty. I think I'll get him a varmint caliber one though as he doesn't own one like that. He's graduating from College next May, and I can't decide if I he's getting a No. 1 or the Red Label. Surprisingly he doesn't enjoy guns as much as I do, but when he held my B, you should have seen the guy!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Shawn, I wish I could afford both rifles, I'd like to get one for my brother
Would you like to adopt me as your "new" brother? ;);)

Very nice rifles. Will post a pic of mine after it arrives tomorrow.
Dan

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha! I guess we're all adopted anyway, just a matter of accepting it.

·
Banned
107 Posts
Those No. 1's are very nice. I only have one SS, an 1885, but I'd sure take one of the
No. 1's if the right deal came along. Congrats! A fine caliber and a fine rifle.:)

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
'85s are fine rifles, my only complaint is they aren't American made.

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
I know you like these rifles, Matt, that's why I'm posting pics of mine.... because I know you'll like seeing them. My wood's not quite as figured as yours, but I like it pretty good.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Got my Ruger #1 Leopard yesterday, and it is simply amazing. I will shoot some pics tomorrow and post here.
Dan

·
Premium Member
7,606 Posts
I'm thinking a #1 or 1885 on a bi-pod for varminting may be the ticket for a one-hander like me, compared to a bolt gun that may want to turn over on me when working the bolt! May have to go shopping.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Stretch-

Your V is a very nice rifle, in fact it looks a lot like my B. I'm paying a lot more for this rifle than I was intending, but that has to do with the rarity of the stock. The seller has only seen a handful of rifles this well figured.

I think I'm gonna have to let a few other guns go so this Cat comes home quicker!

·
Banned
107 Posts
I'm thinking a #1 or 1885 on a bi-pod for varminting may be the ticket for a one-hander like me, compared to a bolt gun that may want to turn over on me when working the bolt! May have to go shopping.
If you look at 1885, look at the LowWalls. For some reason, they are always listed as weighing over 8 lbs. In reality they weigh only a bit over six pounds. They are well balanced and a joy to shoot, as well as being pretty darn accurate.:)

1 - 20 of 62 Posts