·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
37,098 Posts
I saw that in the American Hunter. Amazing! Dang I only have one..... :D

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have any! I have a few O/Us and an 11-87, but I'd sure like to win an 870!

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I've got two, a 12ga Wingmaster Magnum that is parkerized and once owned by the San Antonio Police Dept., second a 20ga Youth 870 for the boys.

CD

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Back In Da Daze

One of my last tours in the USN had me stationed at a small(er) NAS as the armorer/range master(I know,a mouse in a cheese factory). We also supported a small contingency of Marines that were there to guard some of the more "sensitive" air launched weapons.

I had 32 of the older style 870's that were in fairly good condition. All were the gray phosphate with the darker wood. Some had bayonet lugs attached and all had the bbl heat shield that reminded me of the old 97 trench guns.

At one point in this tour I had to go to Crane,Indiana for a two week school on die penetrant testing, and while there, I got a peek at the armory. This is the central point for most all of the USN's small arms for both testing and issuance. They had rack apron rack of 870's. Musta been several thousand. I noticed some were new and unissued. What a sight. -----pruhdlr

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry, I rarely forget to check links but this one slipped by, I got it fixed now!

·
Registered
601 Posts
I don't find it hard to believe at all. I personally own 5 of them and have been instrumental in my Dept. buying a few hundred of them. If I could only have one weapon do do everything with, it would be a 12 gauge 870 and I would go confidently into any situation with it.

Kudu40

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess its not that hard to believe, its been around for 60 years.

·
Banned
65 Posts
Competion only open to U.S residents; that's racism! Never owned one but used to use one in my capacity as a English Police Firearms Instructor and Tactical Team member. Easy to use and totally reliable. Lagopus.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts