Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a Savage 10FP 308 with a 20" barrel. I have owned a Sav 110 LE in the past an I know it liked 42 grn of Varget with 168 gr Game King. I shoot paper most of the time and talk s#$t at the local range and would like to cut to the chase on load data for tack driving.

Q

·
The Shadow (Moderator)
8,761 Posts
My paticular 10FP, which has a 24" pipe, likes 44gr. of Varget with that bullet. That is seated @ 1/32" off the lands. 2.85" col

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No doubt Cavitation all of my toys shoot better than me...lol and your load data seems to back up my 110 LE. Thanks!
Darkker, have you worked any loads without bullet jump and have you ever used a harmonic dampner on your barrel?

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Cutting to the chase -- there is no shortcut. My accuracy load, for my rifle, likely ain't worth a hoot in yours. Pull out a few loading manuals, pick some likely candidates, and get to loading.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I cheated with my 110 LE, I took the load data from a friend and only had to change the bullet seat to get hunting rounds touching at 100 yds. I guess it's because of the cost of ammo now that I'm looking to cheat again..lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
MAXX
Iam sure you love your Savage, i know i do, mine is the model 10 with the 24 inch bull barrel. Ive not worked with the 168 Gr yet,iam still enjoying the Sierra 150 Gr SPT,with 44.0 GRS of Varget,CCI LRP, Pratton & Morgen Brass, OAL 2.800 from the Hodgdon Manual. This load gives me .5 inch groups,Vel is avg 2749 FPS:)

·
Banned
233 Posts
suggest you start with varget. was developed by ADI for use in the t65 case(308 nato).have used this for many years on the range with around 42-45 grs with a 155 gr match prodgy.is very heat tolerant and stable,single based powder that burns cooler than most and is easy on throats. work up a load to SUIT YOUR CHAMBER AND FREEBORE.--pisgah has given you good advice.--good shooting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts