Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
 Would a 10mm out of a glock 20 be good medicine for pigs? What would be a good load? There is not much out there. Factory loads just won't get it.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,439 Posts
Jack, the best bullet that I'm aware of is Beartooth's 200gr WFNGC.  It will feed from a Glock - I shoot these in my G23 (.40 S&W).  Finished off one wounded pig with it, seemed to work fine.  Also one rattlesnake and another hunter used my Glock once to shoot a skunk that was invading his blind.

Try Blue Dot with this bullet.

If you can't get these in time, I'd just go with the heaviest Gold Dot hollowpoint that you can find (180 grain?).

A friend of mine has used Cor-Bon ammo in his 10mm Glock with good sucess.  So that's one factory load that I could honestly recommend.  I think they're on the web - do a search.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Jack
I've used 210gr XTP's at about 1200 - 1250fps in a .41 mag on feral hogs with excellent results. The animals ranged in weight from about 275 to 390 pounds. Even at this reduced velocity the .41 gives excellent penetration. I can't see how .010" smaller would make much of a difference. All my friends here use 240gr .44 mags on hogs but I can't really see any difference in killing power over my .41. If I knew I was going after a real monster I'd probably take my .454 with 300gr XTP Mags at about 1450fps. Good luck and let us know how the 10mm works out.
Dave
P.S. Before anyone disowns me let me say that as soon as my bullets arrive from Beartooth I'll be throwing those XTP's out the window.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts