Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased an 11mm mauser. It has matching serial numbers, but the lower forestock was modified to be shorter. I believe they cut the magazine with a tube cutter, as now there is a rim where it was cut that won't allow the rim of the cartridge to go into the magazine (essentially making this a 2 shot rifle). I would file out the rim, but I'm unable to find any information on what holds the magazine plug into the magazine. I think that the shell release (the one that lets one shell slide into the ramp, and not the second shell) is made to hold the plug back in place. I can be reached here or via my e-mail at [email protected]. If anyone has a mauser of this type, please get in touch with me.

Thanx

gene

·
Registered
925 Posts
At the end of the forearm under the barrel there should be a screw cap of some sort. This cap screws on to the end of the magazine tube and holds the mag. spring/follower in place.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, this magazine tube does not unscrew like the instructions that I've found online. It's one piece (or really, really stuck on there). I've tried to break it loose using WD-40, but no luck. Also the cap does not have the stacking bar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts