Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been shooting Swedish rollers in 12.7x44R for about ten years. Started out shooting M67 rifles in both original military configuration and sporterized versions. Then I discovered Husqvarna's commercial models and began to focus on them.

Bore dia can be quite varied, but most I have cast measure .511 to .515. I have had generally good results with a 450 gr .512 dia soft lead RNFP. The chambers on the military rifles are quite generous, but I have encountered three commercial Huskys that will not chamber cartridges made from .348 Win. brass and loaded with a .512 bullet. Sized (in proper dies) brass will not chamber. Anyone else encounter this problem? The solution for one rifle was to use shortened .50 Alaskan brass.

My favorite fullstocked Huskys are :D:
No. 4 in 20 gauge rifle
No. 1 in 12.7x44R
Model 33 in 9.5x47R (with Norsk target sights)

Would like to post photos, but forum does not seem to allow that. Also want to sell my last sporterized M67, but do not have enough posts.:(

·
Registered
9 Posts
12.7 x44

Bore diameters appeared to be all over the place on these rifles. I had two of these with original barrels and one slugged .509 and the other .507. Both rifles however had no problem chambering cases made from .348 Winchester cases.
Initially I tried sizing .515 bullets but accuracy was comparable to some shotguns I have owned, I bought an old mould that cast a 385 grain bullet at .511 and sized these to .509 and accuracy was better.
The other Swede R/B was one that someone had rebarrelled to 45-70 and with this one I may try and rechamber to 45-90 if the cartridge rim will clear the hammer.
I also have a Pedersoli/Navy Arms Rolling Block that is chambered for the 50-140 Sharps otherwise known as the 3 1/4 inch Sharps (R/B's were never usually chambered for a cartridge as long as this). With this rifle you have to pull the hammer back past the fully cocked position to allow the rim of the case to clear the hammer. Luckily this rifle weighs about 13 pounds so this helps to absorb some of the recoil.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Rolling block

I am barreling a 50-110 on a Husky , also 40-65, 3/45-90's, 45LC, My Favorite Personal a 1901 7mm that is now going to be a 20ga, .444 changeable barrels , Love rolling Blocks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts