Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The final design has been finished and a mold ordered for the "Terminator". This slug/bullet is designed for rifled shotgun barrels used on big game. It's basic design is not new, but rather an improved design based on the slug/bullet of the Paradox guns. It will weigh about 500 grains and will be pushed at 1550 + fps. Compare that with the .45-70's 500 gr loading. The "Terminator" has a meplat of .500" and will have a bhn of about 18.
It can be loaded in both 2 3/4" and 3" plastic hulls.....and in brass shotshells. The slug/bullet has a crimp groove for brass shotshells.
The slug/bullet will develop about 2600 fp at the muzzle, all with the 12,500 psi of a 12 gauge shotgun. One can use the large lube groove or spray with Ms. Moly.
For futher data, contact me at [email protected]............jcg

·
Registered
935 Posts
I have seen some of the drawings for this "bullet". It is a monster. If you wanted something for brown bear at halatosis distance or to just flatten most anything you can think of, this is it. It's the most impressive bullet/slug I ever saw.

Best......... Bill M

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Brother Bill....Are you and Mike ready for a trip to mallory Swamp?
You are correct about the Terminator and Big Game. I wish our frinds would start thinking about the fact that a rifle barrel on a shotgun reciever is another form of a Rifle! For all practical purpose....it is a big bore rifle! This slug is designed to be cast from hard lead and has a full .500" meplat. The biggest problem is setting up the gun so the barrel is tight in the reciever...then it will shoot along with the .45-70, .50-70, etc. Shaw Barrels is now setting up some actions with their custom barrels. A real sleeper in shotguns is the Winchester Mod 25 pumpgun...just like the famous mod 12, but with a screwed in barrel!
Best Regards To All, James

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,441 Posts
Does the barrel always have to be screwed in tight, or can you get by with a cantilevered scope mount, like the Hastings rifled barrels for the 870? Have you tried these through rifled choke tubes? If they work in that application, it will broaden the market somewhat.

.500" meplat.... on a hog.... can't wait to see what that does!

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mike and All.......Although I have never been fond of that type of scope mount, it is used a lot! Graf & Sons seem to have a supply of 12 ga. brass hulls and when put in one the shell looks like a cannon shell. As I said before, when the shooter realizes this is really a big bore rifle, even though on a shotgun frame, its real potential is seen! With a little custom work and a shortend barrel it can be made into the granddaddy of all brush guns! After I finish the work up on the 12 ga., I plan to design a 20 ga Terminator slug.
Best Regards To All, James

·
Registered
247 Posts
James I hope you get this one flying soon as it sounds like one to play with in my Tar-Hunt bolt gun, It might do real well in the Savage also.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Righto! As soon as the molds come in, I will post an update. Best Regards, James

1 - 7 of 7 Posts