Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Is this a shotgun or a rifle?...You are referring to a T/C Black Mountain Magnum correct...Could you please supply some more information...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I spoke with the people at TC on this matter before. They state that their shotguns aren't made for slugs or patched round balls. The guy at the Fox Ridge Shop showed me the stock of a 12 guage that was cracked because of the owner was shooting patched round balls out of the gun.

I'm not sure of the magnum but I'm pretty sure it is the same.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I personally would not shoot a slug out of one, they are not really made for the extreme pressure spike that big boy is going to push...Same way with patched round balls, the barrels and stocks are not set up for large amounts of punishment....

I shoot a 62 Cal (20 Ga) rifle that shoot a 900 grain bullet, but I built this rifle for that purpose...and I can say that I know what it will do, but these TC, I'm going to say contact the factory or custom shop and see what they have to say...When you are playing around with stuff like that I error on the side of safety...Good luck, let us know what they say...Keep Makin Smoke...

Hilljack

1 - 4 of 4 Posts