Shooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's the 13th anniversary since the World Trade Center fell. Hug your loved ones a little tighter today.

Reactions: Tnhunter

·
Super Moderator
8,652 Posts
I had just arrived a a gun club to shoot a clay competition and all in the clubhouse had the TV on and we saw the whole thing. Just could not believe our eyes. No, the whole world should be made to remember and make sure such evil is wiped of the face of the earth. My thoughts are with all and everyone who lost a loved one that day. I have a young man who is a Fireman here in the UK and shortly after the tragedy a party of them flew to NY to try and give some support to the NY Fire crews. His story had me in tears.

·
Banned
1,668 Posts
Walt45,

We made it easy for the bad guys to hit us on 9/11. We had NO CREDIBLE Air Defense in New York or Washington, D.C. In the late 1980s, I was in Washington, D.C. (as a federal agent on another matter) and went to visit a 1962 fellow high school graduate , who was a colonel, at the Pentagon. He gave me the grand tour and then we went to the roof Observation Deck. I asked Clint, "Where are the anti-aircraft Missile batteries to repel air attack?" Clint laughed and said, "No one would dare attack the Pentagon." I replied, "And IF someone did, how do we repel the air attack?" I referred to Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941 when 135 ships and 435 aircraft were "Parked" so the military guys could enjoy weekend Liberty. He laughed again and gave NO credible reply to my inquiry. The REST IS HISTORY!

It seems to me, "Being Asleep at the Switch" comes NATURALLY to US!

Webley

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
I see no sense in laying blame. But rather, I see sense in remembering fellow American civilians and military who died that terrible day. I, as many others, sat mezmerized by the images I saw on the TV. I cannot say which was the worst, seeing the gaping hole in the Pentagon, directly adjacent to where I had landed a helicopter hundreds of times before, the smoking Pennsylvania "hole" or the images of the Trade Centers collapsing. I know my life was affected that day and I will never be the same. My thoughts go out to all who knew someone who suffered at the hands of lunatics. May God's Grace surround them all.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I see no sense in laying blame. But rather, I see sense in remembering fellow American civilians and military who died that terrible day. I know my life was affected that day and I will never be the same. My thoughts go out to all who knew someone who suffered at the hands of lunatics. May God's Grace surround them all.
Good post Tn,
I was mining coal at the time, locked in a shovel loading trucks all day, 12hr 7-7. So it was radio bringing us the news, I'd had my share of crappy days at work, but I think that day was the worst. There was no escaping it, and when I finally got off, I needed beer, got to town and that's when I first ever encountered 3.00 a gallon gas. One quicky mart chain had decided to do some gouging, I drove down a main thoroughfare and founds cars backed up trying to get into another one, didn't dawn on me what people in WY were panicking about??

I think we all were affected that day, and if not, those persons shouldn't be residing in this great country!!!

And oh how my view of New Yorkers changed, being able to watch it on tv and hearing stories of heroic actions, and watching the cleanup afterwards. A whole city, a state and a country working on one common goal for that time, amazing. I had to rethink my attitude of it being one whole state of "Numbnuts". They earned my respect!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I had just arrived a a gun club to shoot a clay competition and all in the clubhouse had the TV on and we saw the whole thing. Just could not believe our eyes. No, the whole world should be made to remember and make sure such evil is wiped of the face of the earth. My thoughts are with all and everyone who lost a loved one that day. I have a young man who is a Fireman here in the UK and shortly after the tragedy a party of them flew to NY to try and give some support to the NY Fire crews. His story had me in tears.
Tell that young man we appreciate his efforts.

I was working Apaches for 2/101st at Ft. Campbell. Remember it like it was yesterday. Went on a war-footing within hours. Many of those young men and women are no longer with us.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Tonight

I was just out walking the dog and stopped by the shore of that sea of cars known as the BQE and took this photo. Tonight there are two pillars of light in a clear sky.
Thirteen years ago it was a pillar of smoke reeking with the scent of fire and death.
Remember.

Pete

BQE = Brooklyn-Queens Expressway.

·
Registered
76 Posts
There are people 20 years old who were 6 yrs old when 9-11 occurred who have almost no understanding of the way it changed life all over the world. We have people of voting age now who are unaware of the threat level terrorism can inflict.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts