Shooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone on here casting these? If so would you be interested in selling some of them...Thanks. John in PA.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Technically, it is against federal law to sell cast bullets unless you have an Ammunition Manufacturer's License. They define "ammunition" as ANY part of a cartridge, including just the bullet.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Is anyone on here casting these? If so would you be interested in selling some of them...Thanks. John in PA.
John,
I have the Lee mold in that configuration. It is a gas check mold as well. Send me a PM with your address and I will send you some to try if you want. A guy on another forum did this for me once so "I am passing it on" so to say. I cast these from WW material and also heat treat them. They have a BHN around 20.1 and were sized with a .358 sizer die. Lee liquid alox is the lube used on them. These were set up to be used at near magnum velocities.
Cary

·
Registered
71 Posts
bulletmaker, if you look on gunbroker.com, there is a guy in PA that sells or offers the projectile you are looking for at a very fair price, something like $27.00 for 500. He always offers these so he should not be to hard to find. Also there are some guys offering cleaned ww metal ingots, something like 50 lbs for $48.00. Shipping was not bad and they are nicely packaged. I bought 50 lbs and was very pleased with it. I think he was in PA also.

·
Super Moderator
13,628 Posts
Pbcaster,

Welcome to the forum. Rules are to join in an have fun and play nicely with the rest of us kids. Additional rules include no non-gun politics and no advertising without prior permission from the board owner.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
twodot
I know what Rocky is talking about- It all about uncle sugar getting his taxes! The law in question actually states if you make a living doing this! IE. a profit! So yes technically if you make any money -even going to a scrap yard your making a profit and need to pay uncle sugar! Just like if you have a garrage sale technically you have to pay taxes on the money you make! So if uncle sugar want to come after me for selling 100 bullets to some one I say go for it! Make my day!

Bulletmaker PM me! I have the LEE 158 SWC mold maybe we can work something out!

·
Registered
20 Posts
You have to have a type 6 FFL to sell ammunition or ANY COMPONENT OF THE SAME....ANY COMPONENT.

COMPONENT does not necessarily mean COMPONENT as those of us that understand the "King's English" understand it...everything now is open to interpretation by the attorney involved.

BEWARE!

CONTACT BAFT FOR THE CURRENT INTERPRETATION OF THE ABOVE.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
pbcaster
And this would be in direct violation of my states Constitution! And this is why all the anti-gun legistlation that the Bardy bunch and politico's push has failed every time here!

Section 11.Right to keep and bear arms. The people have the right to keep and bear arms, which right shall not be abridged; but this provision shall not prevent the passage of laws to govern the carrying of weapons concealed on the person nor prevent passage of legislation providing minimum sentences for crimes committed while in possession of a firearm, nor prevent the passage of legislation providing penalties for the possession of firearms by a convicted felon, nor prevent the passage of any legislation punishing the use of a firearm. No law shall impose licensure, registration or special taxation on the ownership or possession of firearms or ammunition. Nor shall any law permit the confiscation of firearms, except those actually used in the commission of a felony.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Gunnut45/454

Got room for anaother old [email protected]*[email protected] i your state?

I may have to move.

Let me tell you about the latest thing in Illinois..the "pinheads" that run this state have decided that "pocket knives" are incredibably dangerous!

They have proposed a law that bans/outlaws any folding knife that requires manual manupilation of the blade to open the knife. HOW STUPID IS THAT?????

·
Registered
20 Posts
Gunnut45/454

Got room for anaother old [email protected]*[email protected] in your state?

I may have to move.

Let me tell you about the latest thing in Illinois..the "pinheads" that run this state have decided that "pocket knives" are incredibably dangerous!

They have proposed a law that bans/outlaws any folding knife that requires manual manupilation of the blade to open the knife. HOW STUPID IS THAT?????

1 - 15 of 15 Posts