Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Using the 350 grain Saeco with 49.5 grains of Rl-7 and a 20 year old Winchester primer. {Got a great buy on these primers and bought 25,000.}
I found out just how accurate this rifle is by installing a tang site on it, using this load.
Now I'll start loading the ammo in 100 round lots and begin the practicing. It's my intention to shoot 50 rounds standing, 25 rounds kneeling and 25 rounds sitting at least twice a month to hone my skills with this particular rifle. It's my goal to be able to hit a playing card at 100 yards consistantly, maybe not all the time but consistantly.
Are there any suggestions out that there that can aid in my goal of becoming proficient with this piece?
Jim

·
Super Moderator
3,365 Posts
Jim,

Just three words:

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Practice! Practice! Practice!</span></span>

Blessings, and have fun!

Marshall

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey Marshall!
Thanks.
I spent a whole summer working with my Siamese Mauser, learning the loads then practicing with it. There were days that I came home from the range that I felt like I had gone a few rounds with Mike Tyson.
I was using Lymans 500 grain ahead of 50 some odd grains of IMR 4064. I knew I was letting something off, when each time I fired from the prone position I was moved about 3 to 4 inches back. Sometime around September I decided that I was tired of taking that abuse and switched to a 445 grain Lyman slug with the same powder charge.
I've called a meeting of the First church of the big lead bullet, tomorrow afternoon, (Sunday). I should have a rousing service that will humble me to my very toes.

Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts