Shooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1894 .30 WCF rifle that belonged to a friend now deceased. I think he brought this rifle from Alberta in the 50's but don't know anything else about it. It was manufactured about 1912 and has a 26 inch barrel. The stock.is unusual. I have an 1892 .32 WCF with a.straight grip which I am using for reference. The 1894 has a pistol grip with a straight lever. The only.other rifle I have seen with .similar stock is the 1873. Could this gun been made.with this type of stock or has somebody put a 1873 butt stock.on the 1894? Further the fore stock is also.different. It is thickened in the centre with a flat bottom. I have been told that these were called.fence post stocks designed to rest on some.solid structure. The whole.thing looks like all the parts could be the same age although the grip cap seems to.have been replaced.with something that appears.to be homemade. I am.interested in hearing from anyone who might have some.knowledge about this stock configuration.

·
Premium Member
16,005 Posts
A 'grip cap' seems to indicate a replaced stock. Winchester PG stocks had a curved lever to match and none had grip caps. Pictures are needed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.