Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it my imagination or has the Marlin 1894P (16") been discontinued? Don't see it in the 2003 catalog.

·
Banned
556 Posts
I didn't see it, either... Not a good move as that was the most well suited carbine to the pistol cartridge for hunting. Boo.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't get it. The only reason a product is discontinued is if it isn't selling. I agree with you, it's perfect for what it was designed to do.

I have the earlier limited edition non-ported version with a 16" Micro-Groove barrel. Fun gun!

I think its value just went up.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Just ordered the 1894C. Wanted the CP model, but was told it was discontinued. Unknown reason. Bummer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Stranger said:
Is it my imagination or has the Marlin 1894P (16") been discontinued? Don't see it in the 2003 catalog.
:) Stranger, I picked up a new 1894 P at oldeenglishoutfitters,com a week ago for $389. It was tapped for the receiver sights that Marlin stopped many months ago. He had at least one more.

·
Banned
3 Posts
Hi guys, just bought an 1894P yesterday. Last one off the shelf. No mention of whether they had more coming or not. This is a fun gun. Only put 10 rds through it last night, more shooting today. 240gr factory loads hardly kick at all. 300 gr handloads kick some, but are very managable. Wish I had bought one when they first came out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts