Shooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here great forum. Inherited 1926 Win 94 saddle ring carbine in great condition. Would like to do a scout scope mount but all mfg seem to require drilling & tapping to install the mount. Will this ruin the value of the gun? Is the gun worth enough to worry about? Thanks Rich

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice Win71. I checked out the Lyman & the Marbles.Lyman has no windage adjustment. Is this important? Especially for sighting in? I'd prefer the lyman because Cabelas sells it & its about $50.00 cheaper. Please advise. Thanks......Rich

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Win71 you know your Winchesters. Mine does have a pinned fixed blade front sight.The thought of spending time & money(on ammo) to shim a Lyman doesn't appeal to me.I rarely get "lucky" on projects like this.Is there any known down side to the Marble sight? Thanks...Rich

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Win71 advice like yours is invaluable. I have used forums for 10-22 advice,shotgun & duck hunting advice, atv selection & various home repair & garden equip advice. God bless all forum participants. Thanks again....Rich

1 - 4 of 4 Posts