Shooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy All-

Just an FYI, Someone on this list may have an interest-

I talked wtih Rob Applegate today. As many of you know - he makes and outstanding product in his custom moulds. So much so in fact that his usual backlog runs on the order of 6-9 months typically.

It so happens that he has a couple moulds that got cut to fill orders that were subsequently changed. He has no backlog at the moment on these two designs and so they are available on a first come first served basis and are ready to ship today.

Mould 1) 45 Colt/Casull 315gr. WFN-PB design, Double Cavity

Mould 2) 45-70 525gr. WLN-GC design, Double Cavity (This one has nose profile and crimp groove located so it's suitable for use in Marlin lever guns.)

I believe the moulds go for $100 ea. plus shipping. Anyone interested can contact him at 541-849-2458 - he's on West Coast timezone (Yoncalla, OR).

Best regards-

Sky C.
Longmont, CO

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Howdy All-

FYI- The 45 Colt/Casull mould sold. I don't have first hand experience with the 525 gr WLN-GC but if it shoots like my 425gr. - it's scarry how well it shoots! Should be "Big Medicine" for elk, bear, or hogs...

Mr. BCStocker...

I haven't heard from anyone in particular about the .348 mould that I recall off the top of my head - but I do correspond quite a bit with folks about the .348 in general. Something of a "Cult Classic" this round. I swear - that Model 71 is the best balanced rifle in my hands of ANY that I've ever handled.

Best regards-

Sky C.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Sky C: Can't recall the fellows name but he posted at AR looking for a mold. I told him to search this site to contact you. A couple of months back.

The 71 is a well balanced rifle and since writing to you last I've ordered a mold and sizers from Mountain Molds to try out.
best.

·
Banned
120 Posts
Sky C. said:
Howdy All-

Just an FYI, Someone on this list may have an interest-

I talked wtih Rob Applegate today. As many of you know - he makes and outstanding product in his custom moulds. So much so in fact that his usual backlog runs on the order of 6-9 months typically.

It so happens that he has a couple moulds that got cut to fill orders that were subsequently changed. He has no backlog at the moment on these two designs and so they are available on a first come first served basis and are ready to ship today.

Mould 1) 45 Colt/Casull 315gr. WFN-PB design, Double Cavity

Mould 2) 45-70 525gr. WLN-GC design, Double Cavity (This one has nose profile and crimp groove located so it's suitable for use in Marlin lever guns.)

I believe the moulds go for $100 ea. plus shipping. Anyone interested can contact him at 541-849-2458 - he's on West Coast timezone (Yoncalla, OR).

Best regards-

Sky C.
Longmont, CO

Don't suppose you still have the 525? If so let me know.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DJWright said:
Don't suppose you still have the 525? If so let me know.

Hello Mr. Wright-

I never had those moulds; they were stock that Rob had that had been made for some customers that never paid for them after ordering I suspect.

Best regards-

Sky C.

·
Registered
173 Posts
anyone that is interested in bullets of these designs is absolutely nuts if you dont jump on this. These are probably the nicest molds ever made. I like my ballistic cast molds and have a 540 cut by them or id be all over this. These molds are so pretty you will hate to get them dirty. I think if i strung a gold chain through one my old lady would wear it for a necklace!! Comparing Robs molds to the rest is like comparing a custom bowen sixgun to an ruger.

·
Super Moderator
13,253 Posts
Note that the original post is from 2003. A little late for jumping, I'm afraid.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I realized that later. It blew me away that rob was making molds again as he told me that he was all done with it. Should have looked closer before i got excited.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Ditto what Lloyd said. The Applegate mould I have is near the end of his production and it is a beauty. It stays by itself in a felt drawer of my wood toolchest.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,312 Posts
Lloyd you are just going to have to give up and get your wife a necklace from an actual jewelry store, this year :p

·
Registered
59 Posts
BCStocker,
How do you like your Mountain Mold???
How does it compare to a LBT or a Applegate???
Thanks
Will

·
Super Moderator
13,253 Posts
Again, note the original post is from years ago. I see BC Stalker has not logged in since the middle of last year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts