Shooters Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts

What kind of management cannot keep a company that sells AR15s, combat shotguns and sniper rifles in business during the biggest gun sales boom in history?

o_O :love:
Remington has been relying on their name recognition and reputation for years. They went thru one bankruptcy previously I believe. I was a big Model 700 action fan but no more. They are making guns today that are a shadow for their once stellar firearms. The 700 actions are so bad they are not worth trying to true and blue print any longer. The 700 clones out their are now the actions to buy. I was considering adding a Remington made 1911 at one time until I handled one of them and was appalled. Sloppy tolerances, cheap looking parts seemed to be common. So Remington will ride off into the sunset of once great firearms manufacturers like many before it that did not pay attention to business and their customers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Why is nobody mentioning the liability cases brought against Remington because a shooter at a school used their product in his attack? These nuisance legal actions are very expensive and they have been going on for several years. No company makes enough money to pay for these challenges over years. It's extremely expensive to stay in court that long.
That's very true but Remington has done themselves no favors over the years in terms of product quality. Regardless of the reasons, and there are many, Remington was once a solid company that made good products that people bought. But no more. Their stuff is junk. You can argue the reason all day but that's a fact. I was always partial to Remington firearms as good buys for the money and accurate but that has changed. Their name may live on with some startup company but the old Remington we all know is dead.

·
Registered
6 Posts

What kind of management cannot keep a company that sells AR15s, combat shotguns and sniper rifles in business during the biggest gun sales boom in history?

o_O :love:
I dunno. Perhaps you are granted access to information that we mortals do not possess. If Remington felt the need to sell, then they have information that you do not have. Deal with it.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
In my opinion, Remington Arms, has been going downhill since the late 1970's. My first rifle was a Remington Model 700 ADL and it was great, but I bought it back in 1965. The last Remington rifle I had was a Model 788, also a great rifle, but today I'd rather purchase a CZ or a Ruger brand rifle or shotgun.

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Cerberus hasn't owned them in years. I assume that the indians will buy the assets only. But JBelk raises a very good question that I've been trying to figure out. Why???

The Navajo Nation is 18 million acres of land that is immune from all state laws. some Federal restrictions???political.
Simple, they have immunity from prosecution as a "nation". I've been keeping up on this one. The nation will not keep all of Remington intact if it goes through.

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
In my opinion, Remington Arms, has been going downhill since the late 1970's. My first rifle was a Remington Model 700 ADL and it was great, but I bought it back in 1965. The last Remington rifle I had was a Model 788, also a great rifle, but today I'd rather purchase a CZ or a Ruger brand rifle or shotgun.
Had a model 600 I loved. Never scoped it, always shot iron sights including practical rifle matches out to 500 yards. Sat in my scabbard riding SAR.

·
Registered
161 Posts
As bad as it sounds it is the only way forward for Remington and the best use of the legal system for all concerned.

The litigation lability is likely much greater than the worth of all Remington's assets. Liquidating the company and agreeing to settle litigation raises the maximum possible cash for distribution by the courts. The debt holders fix their loses less the insurance. The company continues to operate under a new corporate structure with a cash infusion and a recognizable similar name.

Navajo Nation ownership provides some very unique legal and financial advantages to the new company. They could be "untouchable" by the anti-gun lobby. Let's hope they succeed.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
As bad as it sounds it is the only way forward for Remington and the best use of the legal system for all concerned.

The litigation lability is likely much greater than the worth of all Remington's assets. Liquidating the company and agreeing to settle litigation raises the maximum possible cash for distribution by the courts. The debt holders fix their loses less the insurance. The company continues to operate under a new corporate structure with a cash infusion and a recognizable similar name.

Navajo Nation ownership provides some very unique legal and financial advantages to the new company. They could be "untouchable" by the anti-gun lobby. Let's hope they succeed.

They are untouchable since they are a nation with immunity against litigation that's killing Remington. Yes I've been.keeping up with it. However the "nation" will not keep all of the firearm company running.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Most of the tribe wants no part in buying Remington. The council of elders has taken this purchase without consulting the tribe and it may never go through without a majority support.
I believe as long as Remington remains a publicly traded corporation it has liabilities to the public. The indian nation has immunity but the corporation is an entity unto itself. Corporations are "persons" and I wonder what the immunity is that could be transferred to a "person" not a member of the tribe. That would probably be decided in court.

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Most of the tribe wants no part in buying Remington. The council of elders has taken this purchase without consulting the tribe and it may never go through without a majority support.
I believe as long as Remington remains a publicly traded corporation it has liabilities to the public. The indian nation has immunity but the corporation is an entity unto itself. Corporations are "persons" and I wonder what the immunity is that could be transferred to a "person" not a member of the tribe. That would probably be decided in court.
Time will tell, everything to that point is just conjecture.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I will be interesting to see how this will go to in the end. I have 2 Rem's rifles and one is a 7600 30-06 and 700 22-250 Also DPMS . The 700 for the trigger I had my gunsmith go over it , It was the lube the factory used in it that gummed it up. After he clean it and check it out ,no problems. I had brought it to him in the first place when it was put out about the trigger give problems. Now I do not worry about it.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts