Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently came across a guy selling a NIB Winchester Defender.  Met him as a friend of a friend, you get the idea.  He tells me about the gun, and asks 150 for it.  I figure for that price how can I go wrong....  Give him the cash, and two days later go to pick it up.
 Well, it turn out the shotgun is a 20ga., not a 12; but agian, for that price, I take it.
 So my question to the knowledgable folks on this forum is,  Can the 20ga. offer the same type of bear protection that a 12 with slugs can?
 If I am lucky, and the answer is yes, what slugs work the best?  I just purchased a box each of; Remington Golden saber,Winchester's rifled slugs, Federal's Hydro shocks and one box each of the Brenneke's different types.  I have yet to get to the range.
 Any help is appreciated!

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the information gentlemen.  I feel that for now I'm gonna stick to factory loads, I don't reload for shotshells yet, although I agree with you Marshall about the sectional density.
 As I stated before, I have yet to shoot it, but hope to get to the range on Thursday, the 24th to try it out.
 I've shot the Brenneke's in 12ga. and they definitely do the job IDshooter.  Maybe this 20ga. will turn out to be alright after all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts