Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you have the latest model of the Mod 70 Stealth? Please tell of the quality, location of manufacture, etc. I'm finding lots of info on a StealthII, but I don't think it is the same rifle.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
It's manufactured in the U.S.A. by FN (Winchcester), FN quality is very good since they closed the old plant and started making Winchesters at the FN plant. The newer Winchesters are some of the finest rifles made. I have one of the Stealth II's made at the old plant, its been a pleasure.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I simply cannot find any info at Winchester or FN that really means anything. I wonder what the twist rate is on the new Stealth?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
My guese is 1 in 12 since thats what FN uses why not ask them?
Firearm Information: If your question hasn't been answered in the Frequently Asked Questions and it is a question about manuals, catalogs, & products please call our Consumer Department directly at: 800.333.3288 or 801.876.2711 & for Parts & Service call: 800.322.4626

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do a lot of trading and customizing, so you'd be suprised how many questions I ask and you'd be really surprised how many of the companies haven't a soul that can or will answer with details. I ask one maker about the trigger mechanism and how well they operated on a particular 1911 and the first answer was "good". After pushing it, I got "crisp".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts