Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello from Scotland~

The urge to buy yet another rifle is apon me once again !
And i have been looking at the CZ 550 in .22-250 now let me say im not a fan of the .22-250 i have always found them to be noisy buggers ! And would rather have a .222, but rescently a mate of mine has got a reflex sound moderator for his Ruger and im impressed !

Until recently our police were paranoid about sound moderators on full bore rilfes but after one of our shooting associations demonstrated that they are not as quite as "Hollywood" would have you believe, our police will now allow sound moderators if you shoot around farms at night.

My real question is how versitile are .22-250 's when hand loaded ?

Down loads ? Would be intersted to hear ? Barrel life ? Any facts on .22-250 would be welcome as i have never really taken much interest in this calibre.......................

Regards Englander

P.S www.soundmoderators.co.uk may be of interest

· Banned
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Leadbutt~ We have always been allowed sound moderators for .22 rimfire, but for full bore it was nears impossilbe until recently. Our shooting association demonstrated to police etc the true effect of moderators ,you still know someones fired a rilfe but it doesnt blow your ear drums.

Mike~ In Scotland we are allowed to shoot Roe deer with .22 centre fires unlike England were it is illegal ? But my useage would be purley as a vermin gun so pelt damage and meat loss would not be an issue.

DOUBLEJK~ Thanks for the offer but dipite my use of cast in my .444 i would stick to jacket in something like .22-250, they are cheap and easy to get and would serve my purpose..................

Englander

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.