Shooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as the name states, ive been looking for some .22 ammo. My little brother who is about seven wants to get into shooting but he is still shaky on the idea, so my father and i decided to let him shoot my henry lever action, but it seems my state (RI) has had a shortage of both remington .22 LR and cci mini mags. Ive tried some gun stores and dicks sporting goods. Is this an isolated insodent or are many people having this problem?

·
Banned
507 Posts
For what is plinking ammo, I can find that any where around me and I live in the sticks. The hi performance ammo is a little hit and miss. I suggest when you find some, buy a couple of bricks.

Jerry

·
Registered
138 Posts
22 Long Rifle ammo is scarce where I am at and has been for several months. Even the bulk stuff is hard to find. I emailed CCI and asked what the problem was with mini-mags supply several weeks ago and they have not responded. The manager at a local sporting goods store told me that it was just not available and they could not find out why from the distributors.

·
Registered
Have owned and shot over 2500 different firearms including Blackpowder, Antiques, & Modern.
174 Posts
Dean Fay I was at Walmart up in south Everett on Hwy 99 and they had CCI
11400 Hwy 99
Everett, WA 98204
(425) 923-1740

I would suggest to all to call their local Walmart before driving to the store. Walmart Store Finder.
http://www.walmart.com/storeLocator/ca_storefinder.do

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks for information. I have been to the Wal-Mart stores in Chehalis and Longview and they did not have mini-mags.

·
Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my father and i have looked everywhere and we havent seen any. So we had to dig around our workshop and i found a brick of .22 longs. they are from the 80's and i got a chance to shoot some yesterday in my henry frontier. They sounded like a bb gun going off and couldnt penetrate the backstop at my sportsman club range. But other than that brick al i have is a birck of 9mm and 50 .45 fragger rounds hich i cant shoot at the pistol range. So i guess im screwed for now

·
Registered
60 Posts
It is all over CT. I see Remington everywhere and some CCI, in smaller box's anyway. At Cabellas,
Dicks, gun shops, 22 is plentiful. The only place where it may be a little spotty is Wall Mart and that is because they have the best price, just like with the other ammo but even they have bulk Federal and Remington all over usually, as well as small box's.
For someone learning to shoot, a shortage of CCI shouldn't be a problem. Just shoot whatever you can find.
How many longs to you have? I'll trade you LR for them if your near CT, sometime.

·
Registered
556 Posts
It depends

Every gun shop I visit around my area has .22 l.r ammo. Mostly Winchester, some Federal and CCI. The prices went up over the last year, but ammo is available. Take care...
Oberndorf

·
Registered
583 Posts
Try Cabelas, they seem to get 22 pretty regularly you just have to hit them when it is in.
last time i was there I found my favorite Remington hollow-points and stocked up. for how Little i shoot my 22 these days, I have so much 22 I'm set for the Apocalypse so I won't be looking for it for a while.

·
Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i actualy got lucky yesterday. i hit up two of my local gun stores and found a small gold mine of 2000 cci mini mags. They had got it in about two hours ago and y father and i couldnt opass this up we had to pay a hundred each but we have enough to last us about six months. wre also got 200 9mm, 50 .45 acp's and another two thousand lr's. all and all oits was a good run.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was in 3 this weekend and all three WMs had 22. Bulk feds, Bulk Win, Bulk Rem and asst smaller boxs.
I even saw 5 boxs of WWB 100 rd 380 @ $31....When was the last time you saw 500 rounds of 380 at a WM? Things are back to normal.
I was in 2 Dicks sporting goods also today...Milford and Waterford. Both stocked except for what I wanted..20 gauge #6 turkey loads..

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
i actualy got lucky yesterday. i hit up two of my local gun stores and found a small gold mine of 2000 cci mini mags. They had got it in about two hours ago and y father and i couldnt opass this up we had to pay a hundred each but we have enough to last us about six months. wre also got 200 9mm, 50 .45 acp's and another two thousand lr's. all and all oits was a good run.

From now on dont wait till you are out to buy more ammo.

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,268 Posts
Went to Walmarts on my lunch break today and bought six Federal 555 packs at $14 a pack. Lots to choose from on the shelf. This will hold me for a month or so.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
I bought a carton of 500 Super-X L.R. Hollow Points and paid $30 for the carton! Most I ever paid for .22 LR Ammo.

·
Registered
125 Posts
$ 30 a brick I would have left it right there on the shelf. Granted prices have gone up drasticly but that is crazy. I try to stay stocked up so I'm not at the mercy of dealer that take advantage of customers.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
$ 30 a brick I would have left it right there on the shelf. Granted prices have gone up drasticly but that is crazy. I try to stay stocked up so I'm not at the mercy of dealer that take advantage of customers.
Could have bought some 550 "Lose" Bulk Federal .22 LR, for $21 at Wal-Mart. Bought those a couple of weeks ago though for plinking. I wanted to buy some Super-X .22 LR Hollow Point hunting ammo as it shoots the same POI as CCI Mini-Mag Hollow Point Ammo. If you think $30 per Brick is high you ought to price CCI Mini-Mags!:eek:

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Was in one of the local shops a week or so ago, and they had cases of CCI Blazer.

Been awhile since I've seen that.

We only live about 50 miles from where CCI/Speer is made, but that didn't keep supplies from getting short.

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

1 - 20 of 20 Posts