Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm part of an Old West Festival where I'm participating in gunfights. I bought some .22 LR blanks from Fiocchi for my Henry. 22 Lever-Action Rifle. At rehearsal today I found the blanks wouldn't load up into the chamber properly when I levered the gun.

I took it home and checked to make sure it wasn't the gun fouling up. It seemed to properly load & eject real live rounds fine, so I'm thinking it's that the blanks are just a hair too short for the loading mechanism.

Is there any solution or trick to get blanks to work properly in my rifle?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11,948 Posts
Want to welcome you to the shooters forum.
My experience with Henry 22s isn't with shooting blanks... Sorry!

·
Registered
3,268 Posts

Welcome to the forum !

I would respectfully suggest you contact Anthony Imperato, President of Henry Repeating Arms - who is available to answer any questions you may have on the Henry product line by contacting him directly via email at [email protected]

He is known for responding at a high level to requests from his customers - whether or not it concerns a new or used rifle.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Please Check the overall Length of the Blanks versus a regular loaded Cartridge.
As an Aside: The 1890 Winchester used a "Toggle lever' in the Cartridge Carrier/Lifter to allow use of Shorts, Longs, and Long rifles interchangeably.
Also, I have used 'Blanks' shaped like .22LR Shot Shells in a Ruger Standard Automatic Pistol reliably; it seems the "Shot Shells" are the same Length as a Bulleted .22LR round.
Best Regards,
Chev. William

1 - 4 of 4 Posts