Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See where Midway has the old Marble's .22 conversion kits for the .45 ACP M1911's available, either with standard open sights that are adjustable for windage/elevation, or an integral rail for scope mounting. It is touted as getting 1.8" groups at 50 yds using a mechanical rest.

Has anyone got one of these conversions on their frames, and how do they do, functionally and accuracy wise? The price is around $330, plus shipping, so I'd like a little input before ordering one.

Thanks.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Ciener makes a conversion kit for the 1911, prices depend on options, but $199-$249 according to their website.
LINK
Andy

·
24,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Andy -

Appreciate the help.

·
Banned
97 Posts

·
Banned
97 Posts

·
24,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ordered and received the Ciener Platinum conversion assembly - will try it out at the range this coming Thursday, hopefully.

Thanks to everyone for the assistance.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Please let us know how the kit works out, it may very well influence my decision to purchase the hi-power kit if they ever get around to finishing it. I think you made the right choice, with the adjustable sights and flattop slide, it should be a looker and a shooter.
Andy

PS. For what it is worth I am pretty sure the Kimber conversion kits are made by Ciener, but I cannot come up with where I read it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts