Shooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
i have a 10 and a 14 inch tc in 22 hornet barrel the 14" usually yealds around 200 fps added velocity with the same load. a nice plinking load is 4.1 or 4.8 grs of 231 with a hornday 55 gr bulk bullet for 1600 fps for the 4.1 load and
1740fps with the 4.8 load ( max) in a 10 inch barrel with accuracy in the 1/2 to 3/4 inch range for 10 shots at 50 yards this load has shot well out of many tc barrels i know of many people who use it. use std pistol primers when loading you get more consistant results , and for max loads ive had better luck with aa1680 and hodgen lil gun

· Registered
42 Posts
if i did not allready have a redding deluxe die set in 22 hornet i would bought 22k hornet, or rechambered, it solves all of the problems with the 22 hornet case .i really like the 22 hornet and have also had 2 ruger rifles in that caliber
the problem is short case life and head spacing problems was not correct on any 22 hornet ive had , but the 22k hornet head spaces on the improved sholder of the k hornet case wala all problems solved.

· Registered
42 Posts
i use the small std pistol primer with 231 and small rifle with 1680 & lil gun, accurate arms and a few articals ive read on the 22 hornet reccomend std small pistol primers with all loads ! they say better consistancy? havent tried it out as of yet

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.