Shooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a 22 mag revolver that would be easy to mount a reflex sight or low profile scope. The smaller the set up the better. Maybe 4" or 6". I really like the ruger single six i just dont think it would look OK with a red dot on it. Thanks for any ideas.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
The Single Six is the logical choice and the 'Hunter" at 7.5" is longer than you want but is set up for scope rings. A Burris Fast Fire II would look just fine and that would be a nice set up. Taurus makes two Trackers with 7 round (971) and 9 round (991) capacity with 6" barrel. These would also work well for you intended purpose. They also make an 8 round (941) with a 4" barrel.

·
Banned
6,248 Posts

·
Banned
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Couldnt Pass It up

Ive had my eye on a single six convertible blued 6 1/2" at my gun shop and with that scope mount i dont think i can do any better. Thanks for the links it made my choice a lot easier. off to the range

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Just looked today at Ruger web page and the Hunter model is only availible in .22LR. The regular Single Six has the convertible. Here's is a picture of a JPoint piggyback on an ACOG, JPoint is actually smaller as the protection wings are around the sight. JPionts are small and mill into rear pistol slides.

CD

·
Registered
6 Posts
De Oppresso Liber. I'm back at Bragg for two weeks next month. My Brother retired as a Special Forces Lt. Col., but he still teaches at The Kennedy Special Warfare Center. I can't wait to get back for all of the terrific Korean food in Fayetteville. Thank you for your service Combat Diver. You are one of our nation's very best

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Thanks Matt, Have a safe trip. I'm down on the NC coast and flying back tomorrow for a week then back to Hood to teach.

CD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts