Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Friends,
Last year I put new scopes on my rifles and had some left over. One was a remington that came with an 870. What a piece of junk; the guy at Gander said it would be fine on a rimfire. I went out to the range with this cheap remington 2x7 on a 39a and could not hit center after 100 shots. I wonder if my 4 power tascam would be better on tree rats and what not. The thing is I do not want to spend more money. I already have more scopes than guns, but their cheap. However I used to shoot the 4x on a .375 win and could put the rounds through the same hole at 50yrds. Should I take off the 2x7 and junk it and put the old tascam 4x on the 39a. The range is not cheap these days and I love walking and using my compass. It starts in a week. Any ideas guys,
Sincerely,
Michael Sicowitz

·
Registered
13,291 Posts
If you've got some other cheap scopes laying around, you might try those. Most scopes will at least hold zero, with the really inexpensive ones fogging easily, transmitting light poorly and not adjusting the way they should. Still, this is just another example of why many things in life are more expensive if you try to cut corner, or cost, the first time around.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I know you said you don't want to spend more money but Weaver makes a really nice 3-9x32 rimfire scope with adjustable objective. My father in law just put one on a Ruger 10/22 and it is a perfect match for the gun and will make an excellent scope for hunting squirrels. The AO on it will dial down for target shooting at closer ranges common for rimfire and has nice clear crisp glass. They can be found for about $215.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts