Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To: Marshall Stanton
(others welcome to reply)

Great "Tech Notes" article on the Savage 24 over/under combo guns. As in your article, I want to rechamber the .222 Rem part of the combo gun to a .223 Rem Improved --- however, my local gunsmith here in Spokane, WA doesn't have a .223 Rem Imp reamer.
Can you recommend a local gunsmith (Spokane or Couer d'Alene area) or one further away that can do this conversion that has already has a .223 Rem Imp reamer and headspace gauge?
Thanks and keep up the good work with those informative and fun gun articles.

Patrick Raymond
Spokane, WA
[email protected]

·
Registered
76 Posts
I will rechamber your barrel to the 223 Ackley Improved for $80.00 which also includes return shipping back to you...

If you still need this work done, contact me at: [email protected]

Also, for those guys with Savage bolt-action rifles in 223 and can remove the barrel from the action, I can rechamber those barrels to the 222 Rem. Mag. Ackley Improved for $80.00 per barrel as well....

The same can be said for the T/C Contender, Encore and H&R - N.E.F single shots....

I can also rechamber the Encore to the 22X30-30 Ackley Improved which gives near 22-250 performance plus has the added accuracy benefit of having a rimmed case for the break open single shots....

DAVID

·
The Shadow
7,704 Posts
Patrick, you need to call "Hole in the Wall" down here in Kennewick, Wa. They have a gunsmith in the back that has alot of reamers. Also there are a few other possibilities. As of a couple of years ago there was a VERY good smith in Colfax that built a .308 Norma Mag for me. and one that build a warbird for me in the Walla Walla area. Unfortunatly I can't recall either's name at the moment, try the phone book.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts