Shooters Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
415 Posts
The only other thing I would reccomend (if you're not overly worried about saving hides) would be the .22-250, simply because it has a bit flatter trajectory, and can carry your maximum point blank range out a bit farther. Out to 300 yards, I find my .223 lacking slightly for coyotes...but it's seldom I get out to 300 anyway. For any shooting done at 200 yards, anything coyote I've ever shot has gone down within 100 yards, and most of them are dead within 5 or 10 yards.

The .223 should serve you just fine though, and if you're a bit picky about bullet selection if you do happen to find yourself shooting out to 300 semi-regularly, then the .223 should be better than fine for you.

Edit: Just had to mention that I would choose the .22-250, mostly because I'm a fan of fast and flat shooting, even if it's not always the most practical choice. For instance, I shoot the .270 WSM, when the .270 WCF would do everything I need it to do. The .270 WSM is more expensive to buy and shoot, but I do it anyway, just because I think it's more fun. By the by, I also refuse to buy a gas job. Diesels, again, are more expensive to purchase and run and maintain, and a gas job would do nearly anything I need anyway...but I still like diesels!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.