Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At work we have a Mosin Nagant in what appears to be .22calibre .
It is dated 1954. I suppose it was a training rifle.
Can anybody tell me more about this rifle? What is it really chambered for? Firing .22 shot shells
produced swelled cases. I don't think I want to shoot any LR cartridges with it.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
38,101 Posts
I have a .22 mosin trainer, but have not fired it. Think they were made by 2 or 3 of the commie countries. There is a part that slides the shell into the chamber that is a combination extractor and also forms the rear of the chamber at the bottom. If it's missing that then you have a problem.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
38,101 Posts
Sorry. It happens. If you have a long post, type it up in notepad or some other basic word processing program, first.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The training 5,6mm (.22LR) rifle was designed by Bohdan Szpaderski and was called "karabinek sportowy wz.1948" (or "kbks wz.48" for short). In fact it was based on the Polish kbks wz.31 made before WWII and not on the Russian Mosin. It was produced from 1950 to the late 50s in large numbers. It was bolt action .22LR training rifle, weight 3,8kg, length 1130mm, barrel length 630mm, sight line 530mm, Vo=350m/s.
. . . from:
http://www.carbinesforcollectors.com/polarms.html

Also, see here:
http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting2005/wz48/index.asp

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for that explanation, MIKEG.This has happened 3X and it was getting frustrating.
Thank you Charley and Chris Dingell for the history. This here rifle must have some mechanical problem .
The sliding extractor that MikeG mentioned ,is intact, and functioning. I have only shot ,CCI ,Long rifle Shot Shells
in it ,and the cases are swelled after firing as if the chambering is wrong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.