Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I went to shoot my NAA 22 mag. Started with the lr conversion cylinder,.Shot a batch of shorts then went to shot some long rifles in it. The cylinder then locked up and wouldn't advance to the next station. Seems the spent cases were backing out enough and catching on the frame not allowing rotation. I had shot lr in it before and never experenced this before. Both loads were CCI. Later when I went to clean it I tried to load a fresh lr round in the cyl removed from the frame. This is the only way to load one of these little jewels. The round wouldn't seat fully in the chamber. Cleaned it and in she went like it should. My belief is that the shorts had leaded and fouled the chamber just enough so that when the lr fire formed the was enough interference to force the spent round back out,thus causing the before mentioned jam. Try it again soon and use only lr and see what happens. BTW I also have a 410 that chambers 21/2 and 3 in. Sometime the 3" will not eject. Cleaned the chamber and found debris problably left over from the 21/2" hanging the fired 3". I always clean after I shoot and many times I'll clean a clean gun watcing tv wishing I was out there getting them dirty.

·
Registered
128 Posts
:)
I would have to say that your observation and experience with your 22 has beaten the jam issue. I won't shoot 22 shorts becasue I thought that there might be a burn/crud ring and now you have saved me the trouble of finding out myself.
Thanks for the info.;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad I could share. Maybe save yourself and others a headache or two. BTW I later wondered if this problem existed with 38-357. I no longer own a 357,thanks to the locals in my old neighborhood. Just saying thats all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts