Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Rem. 270 ADL with a synthetic stock. What would be the cost of converting it to 35 Whelen and who has the best price??

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Tony,

What model, 700, 7400 series, 7600 series?  If it is a 700 then it is a good and easy conversion, for the others it is usually more work (more expensive) than it is worth.

Cost, last I knew was &#36285-300 from Cliff LaBounty, LaBounty Custom Re-boring.  His address is in the trade magazines, or, if you can't find it, send me an E-mail.

Cliff does so many of these he has a standard price for the total package which is below what you would usually find.  His work is top notch too!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi List.  On this thread of Rem Model 700 ADL, how can one tell the difference between a "short" and "long" action?  Thanks for any replies. Snapshot.

·
Beartooth Regular
7,776 Posts
Hi, snapshot:
   Welcome to the Forum!

Measure the "ejection port" on the right side just above the stock. A short action opening is 2 3/8" long and a long action opening is 3 1/4" long. Some early models have a slot cut in the top of the rear receiver ring.

Bye
Jack

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Jack, and listers.  Short Action Mod 700 is what I got. Its 35 years old, sn 288891, Leopold vari on it.  I had the receiver engraved, bolt jeweled in Tokyo in 1970.  I like it so much I don't even shoot it.  Probably 8-10 rounds every 10 years or so just to watch them all (most all) go in the 10 ring at 100 meters.  I'm gone.  Thanks,  snapshot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts