Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Winchester m70 featherweight in .280 cal with a boss (not made anymore =(   darn)    anyway I would like to know the performance of my gun with the BOSS.  And meaby what the best bullet,powdercharge,primer is.  Thanky you

·
Registered
871 Posts
Great rifle, the 70 featherweight, with the exception of the factory trigger, which is just average.  No local fellows could tune mine up, so i had a timmeny installed, and the grouping began shortly thereafter.

The bullet I have the best luck with in 7mm has been the Nosler 150 grain ballistic tip.  It shoots straighter in my 284s better than anything, and i expect that it will give yeoman service, depending on what you want to use it on, and if you expect to take a long shot.  I would try a slow powder, Re19, seems to be about the right speed i would think.

Reckon with the boss, you can fine tune the vibration to the load you select, so selection of the right bullet for your circumstance might ought to be the first step.  IF your hunting in the field, I think the ballistic tip would be hard to beat.  If your in the woods, might want to go a little heavier, and a little tougher constructed, espiecally if your shooting something that takes a little killing.

Good luck with it, and welcme to the group.

Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts