Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for reloading data with Win296 and BTB 290LFNGC. This bullet feeds very well in my trapper when it is crimped in the crimp groove. The bullet only takes up about the same space as a Hdy 240xtp. in the case. I'm guessing a charge between 21grs. to 23grs. would be about right. If anyone would share info, I would be grateful. Before I forget, it's a 44mag.
                                              Thank-you,
                                                  Walt

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just moving to the top still looking for advice.
                              thanks,
                                 Walt

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,229 Posts
Hey Walt,

I load the 280gr. WFNGC in the .44 Mag, so this won't be exact but hopefully can steer you in the right direction.

OAL with the 280 WFNGC bullet is 1.610", pretty much SAAMI spec, so compare with your bullet before settling on powder charge.  It sounds like you might have more powder space even with the heavier bullet?  I don't even have one 240 gr. jacketed bullet to compare with.. how sad is that?

Anyway... I'm running 22.0 gr. WW296 with a CCI350 primer for about 1350fps in a 7.5" Super Blackhawk.  So your plan to start at 21.0 grains (WW296 or H110) sounds reasonable to me.

Best of luck, hope someone who has loaded the same bullet as you are can comment.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Mike, I'll fool with it awhile and see what I come up with. Thanks again.
                                      Yours truly,
                                       Walt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts