Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and have had a look around and found it to be a very knowledgable place. I do have one question, can the 30-30 standard lever be changed out for another type of lever?

Cheers from downunder.

·
Super Moderator
3,824 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

30-30_rifleman,
Good to see you here and hope you post often.

Regarding the changing out of a .30/30 lever to another type lever depends on what you have in mind. I would talk to a competent gunsmith to verify what options are available. Hope this helps. All the best...
Gil

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
30-30_rifleman,
Good to see you here and hope you post often.

Regarding the changing out of a .30/30 lever to another type lever depends on what you have in mind. I would talk to a competent gunsmith to verify what options are available. Hope this helps. All the best...
Gil
Hi Gil,

A friend of mine said he wanted to change the standard lever to something larger. Not too sure what he meant but I'll drop into my local gun shop and have a yarn to the gunsmith. I'm sure he will be able to help. Thanks for the answer :) Have a great weekend.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Go to the Marlin Owners Forum. There is an outfit called Wild West Guns ( I think) that has a raft of lever goodies..Welcome from a short timer

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Ditto the welcome. Some gunsmiths have been able to take the original level and enlarge it, either by stretching or cutting and welding in. That might be an option, as well. If no major fitting is involved, getting a larger lever might be as simple as ordering one from Numrich Arms or other parts houses.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers guys for the quick replies and many thanks for the welcome. It's great to be part of a fantastic shooting community.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi all,
Just back from a great fishing trip-lever-it sounds like you could go to .35 rem but just a guess without seeing how well the gun is built. I saw a 1903A3 30.06 bored to the best shooting 300 mag I've ever seen. Like all have advised-find a good gunsmith (not always that easy) and at a glance you will know. Personally, I don't feel a gun case is complete without at least one 30-30. Levers are a fine gun-I just put a scope on another one. Good luck and welcome,
Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts