Shooters Forum banner

300 wsm load data

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Davers 
#1 ·
im looking for some load date for a 300wsm and 200gr bullets.

i have a browning a-bolt hunter LH

anyone have any good suggestions? im lookin to make it a long range gun. i already compared the trajectory with a 180 gr bullet and the trajectorys are very similar out past 500yds. but the 200 gr wouold have near 1000ft lbs at 1000yds. thats why i fell on that bullet if u were curious.

i used jbm ballistics calculator

#2 ·
im looking for some load date for a 300wsm and 200gr bullets.

i have a browning a-bolt hunter LH

anyone have any good suggestions? im lookin to make it a long range gun. i already compared the trajectory with a 180 gr bullet and the trajectorys are very similar out past 500yds. but the 200 gr wouold have near 1000ft lbs at 1000yds. thats why i fell on that bullet if u were curious.

i used jbm ballistics calculator
You huntin Taliban?

#3 ·
I've been having some good success with Viht N560 powder. The minimum load is: N560 58.6 gr with 2438 fps. The max load is 66.4 gr pushing it out 2749 fps. I'm loading up some 180 gr bullets for elk hunting this year using N560 & 61 gr to 2705 fps. Start with the minimum load and see what your rifle likes. Good luck!

#4 ·
68.0 gr RL 22 with a 200gr Swift A-frame gives superb accuracy at 2800 fps. This is max load per their manual.

I can give you many more loads, but I gotta say that I don't want to support shooting animals at 1000 yards...only Taliban, where wounding shots get more points.

#5 ·
awww heck no i aint gonna shoot no animals at 1000yds hahaha. but i recently shot that far target shooting and loved it. i might lob one out there at a coyote if i had a chance but its way unethical to shoot an animal at that distance.

i just really like how the 200 r bullet keeps its energy. and at extended ranges shoots nearly as flat as a 180. if u have some loads that have wprked well i would love to hear some. im thinkin of buying a box of 180 and 200 gr serria gamekings to try

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.