Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped a 220g barnes solid and picked it up to get the oal to the lands. It measured out to 3.039". That seems kinda far to me, what about you? With a new load, I got 3 shots into a 1/2" @ 100yds. I'm just a little worried about the jump. doug

·
Banned
554 Posts
I think you have a really big problem with the gun and you need to get rid of it.

How much do you want for it?  :biggrin:

-Z

·
Beartooth Regular
7,768 Posts
Hi, 41fan:
   "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Bullet jump, seating depth, freebore, whatever you call it. It and standard deviation get away too much attention. Just because a lot of rifles shoot best when the bullet is close or touching the lands doesn't mean they all will. After all, Weatherbys have 1/2 - 3/4" freebore and many of them are tackdrivers.

However, if you have to get rid of if, I'll raise Charlie 25 cents. :biggrin:

Bye
Jack

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I'll tell you what...Measure that load, write all the data done and then throw away everything else! As the team said...all the chatter about this and that doesn't count when your rifle groups like that....forget the rest and go shooting!
Best Regards, James

·
Banned
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Appreciate the info fella's. Just in case your wondering, I paid &#36190 for it. I was also thinking about the weatherby's and their freebore. Oh well I really can't argue with that group. doug

1 - 5 of 5 Posts