Shooters Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Inactive
1,626 Posts
Welcome To The Forum

The .308 Norma Mag is one of those loadings that you will not find components for from your fellow forum member or shooting buddy.

Dies,I'm sure can be purchased thru Redding,Sinclair,RCBS,C4HD and others. They have probably fallen into the "speciality die" category so will cost half again as much as the "regular" dies.

Brass ----> maybe Norma or others. Again,expensive !!

Give .308 Norma Mag a google and see what magically appears. -----pruhdlr

·
Registered
610 Posts
I'm currently chambering a new rifle in 308 norma. I have dies but won't part with them. I got them from a guy here or another forum. You can get them from RCBS and others I'm sure, but Midwayusa has them. You can make 308 norma brass a few different ways, but usually just take .338 win mag cases and run them through your norma sizer and you're good. You can also buy norma brass but it's kinda spendy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I reload the .308 Norma Mag. I use a Redding 3 die set-a full legnth sizing die, a neck sizing die, and a bullet seating die. The FL sizing die is essential for reloading this caliber because you will have to form .308 Norma brass out of .300 Win Mag or .338 Win Mag. I form my .308 Norma brass out of .300 Win Mag brass, which leaves case legnth a bit long. I got a custom case trimmer from Lee, but Redding has a File Trim die that works well from what I have heard. This is a belted magnum. If you want more than 2 or 3 loadings out of a belted case, you must neck size to prevent case head seperation at the belt due to brass stretching. The bullet seating die works well, but be careful if you want to do a crimp to prevent ruining brass. I don't fire factory ammo because it costs the outrageous price of about $60.00 for a box of 20 rounds. Good luck, and most of all, have fun!

·
Registered
Have owned and shot over 2500 different firearms including Blackpowder, Antiques, & Modern.
171 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.