Shooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a 32 cal single action revolver. Maybe a double, but kinda prefer the single. Something with a 4 or 4.5 inch barrel, fixed sights, compact, lightweight. Just something to carry fishing, or filling the deer feeders, or out hiking, etc. I like the 327 mag, but dont want to go with the full size 8 shot blackhawk, so will probably end up with a 32 HR. Any body got any ideas on make and model? Got any experience to share? Thanks folks.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
I have a Charter Arms Patriot in 327. This is not a bad little gun but the front sight needs to be matted for use outdoors. The rear sight notch is: for my eyes, too narrow and needs to be widened. Other than this I have no complaints with the Patriot.

http://lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=CH73274&type=Revolver&caliber=327+Federal+Magnum

What I really want in the S&W Carry comp. I am having trouble with the lock, the port and the price. My dealer says he can put it in my hands for a little over $800.00. The port bothers me and combined with the lock has kept the iron men in my wallet.

http://lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=SM170329&type=Revolver&caliber=327+Federal+Magnum

Either gun will do. The real difference is you need to work on the Charter Arms Patriot a little to make it truly useable outdoors. The S&W will be ready right out of the box, for just about twice the cost.

There are still a few of the Ruger birds head grip SSX’s in 32 H&R available but I don’t remember where.

·
Banned
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Slim. The Charters seem like an all right revolver, but Ive got a soft spot for a Ruger. Think Im goona look for a Single Six, or Baby Vaquero. Im turning 32 this year, and this is going to be my birthday present to myself. Been saving my pocket change all year, its time to start rolling quarters. LOL

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have a baby Vaquaro in 32 and it is my favorite woods gun . I had a single six 32 with adjustable sights and 6 1/2 in barrel. But it wasn't as handy as the baby vaquaro. Plenty of these for sale on gunbroker . Also see them alot for sale at rugerforum.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I've had three Single sixes in 32 mag. All had 6-1/2 bbls. All were very accurate out to 100 yards on clay pigeons. I'd prefer a 5-1/2" bbl for carrying, but these seem to be hard to come by. If I was looking for a double action, the SP101 would be my choice.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Don't forget Ruger makes the GP100 as a 7 shooter in .327 Federal.

CD

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Since it's gonna be a Birthday Self-Present, you might wanna consider having Alan Harton (TX) convert a blued or stainless Ruger Super Bearcat to a 5-shot .32H&R cutie-pie. :D

I mean, yer only 32 once - it's age 39 that keeps repeating.............................. :p

·
Banned
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Since it's gonna be a Birthday Self-Present, you might wanna consider having Alan Harton (TX) convert a blued or stainless Ruger Super Bearcat to a 5-shot .32H&R cutie-pie. :D

I mean, yer only 32 once - it's age 39 that keeps repeating.............................. :p

That would be ideal, but Im afraid its out of my penny range, I mean price range. LOL Im gonna try to find a used vaquero or single six. The 32 just seems like a nice carry gun, I think one with a shorter 4 5/8 barrel would be just the ticket.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
I found a nice Uberti manufactured 4-3/4" "P" Frame in .32/20 a a few years back, and after slicking it up a bit, it made a nice companion peice for my Marlin 1894 in .32/20. Also a nice peice for potting small game for camp fare. I just wish it had a steel backstrap and trigger guard rather than the Brass ones.

You might look at something along that line as well.

·
Banned
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does any body make a revolver to shoot both the 32-20 and the 32 HR? I guess it would probably fire the 327 if it will handle the 32-20???Any body got any good web sites that carry these?

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Buckeye Sports Supply had Ruger make a few 32-20/32 H&R Magnum Blackhawks years ago. These bring a bit of a premium today. The guns are heavy and not really suitable for belt carry. Just as the new 327 Blackhawk and GP 141 are rather heavy.

These are good handguns for the varmint hunter but not what you would class as a “Kit Gun.”

·
Banned
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was afraid of that, just like the versatility of being able to shoot different cartridges. Where can I find a baby vaquero or single six in 32 HR?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I just sold a Single-Six 4 5/8" fixed sight version for a friend. It showed a lot of holster wear since he carried it daily for about five years, but no rust or abuse. It went for $325 on Gunbroker. It is not a light gun however, 36 ounces, since the brass birdshead grip frame adds some weight.

·
Banned
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Joe, would you keep me in mind if you come across another? Im not real concerned with the finish, as long as its a sound gun.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
The Cabelas store in Gonzales La had a 5-1/2" Single Six 32 mag last month. You can go onto the website and see if they still have it in their inventory.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts