Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Ruger Bielsy 32mag. I am looking for a good heavy load using 118gr hard cast bullets and 100gr Hornaday XTP bullets.

I have win-296 and 231 on hand as well as unique and win-Super-Target. I wont max. penatration on the 118gr bullets and max. vel. for the 100gr loads.

Does anyone have any loads you would like to share? these will be used only in a Ruger with Starline brass.
Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
83 Posts
I load 9 grains of 2400 behind a 100 grain Bull-X cast bullet.  You did not say which bullet you are using as this will effect how much case capacity you have.  

Hornady gives a max charge of 231 with the 100 grain XTP to be 3.4 gr.  Several years ago J0hn Taffin posted some load data using 10 gr of H-110 with the Speer 110 grain bullet in the 32 mag.  That may be a good starting point, just use a chrongraph and stay between 1100 and 1200 fps, anything higher is most likely overcharged.

And remember Brother, I accept no responsibility for the above loads other than the ones I assemble myself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hitman
The 118gr cast bullet is a National Bullet Company hard cast Copperized LSWC. This is a rather long bulet and 9.5gr of 296 is almost a compressed load.

Dont worry. I hold no one responable for my reloading, im the one pouring the powder in the case so if any thing happens its my fault.

Thanks
Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts