Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Nice video. So many people dont consider anything but a handgun, short shotgun of a rattlematic rifle is worthy of self defense. I tested a two hand hold, fully extended arms, stance typical of self defense shooting stances. I measured the distance from end of the barrel to my erect footprints. Then I did the same measurements using a 20" barreled 30-30. The rifle had a surprizingly shorter overall distance from tip of barrel to footprints. Plus handguns stances are "square on", while most rifle stances are more quartering thus less profile for opponent to fire at. I do contest the idea that the 30-30 is just equal to the 45 acp as a stopper. From years of hunting I feel the 30-30 has vastly greater stopping power.

·
Banned
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
30-30remchester A few of the other of the videos have 12ga and 223 rem and 454 casull in there too and they all get 400 points, so I'm thinking that 400 points is the highest they can give the 30WCF. I do agree with you that the 30WCF has more punch then the 45ACP!

·
Registered
25 Posts
My concern would be over penetration of a rifle round for home defence after it goes through the bad guy would it still have the energy to go through walls and maybe outside the dwelling. If I didn't have anything else I would still use it though its either me or him.

·
Banned
742 Posts
I didn't see the video (I deleted my video player as they all are just memory hogs after a while). But, I'd imagine that if you were as big and strong as Arnold Swcharnegger (or however you spell his name) you could just do like he does in Terminator Two.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts