Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
3,929 Posts
Guess I will put my 2bits worth in on this one, since I do have and shoot a 338/06 rifle. Since I ain't got no crystal ball to look into there, you are going to have to tell me what you are shooting etc and what you have done so far. Now what kind of rifle is it? Bolt action etc. brand and model, length of barrel etc.

Is the barrel free floated? What kind of groups have you been getting at the range shooting? (type of powder and bullets) Sorry to ask sooooo many questions, but that is the nature of the beast.......trying to figure out which way to go here OK.:D :D

· Banned
3,929 Posts
Big Bore 416, I use RL-22 with my 225 grain Nosler partitions and TBBC bullets nowdays. 72.4 grains of powder. On the Nosler 250's I use H4831 powder 68 grains for a velocity of 2650fps.

Those Barnes xlc bullels get push by RL-19 - 73 grains = velocity of 2730fps. shoots under a .514 MOA.

RL- 19 @ 77.7 grains = velocity of 2900fps. shoots .786 MOA.

Set your xlc bullets back off the lands .045

I personally think you need to get a better scope (Leupold) and matching mounts. I use a 4x12 to sight my worked up loads with and then switch it over to the 2 x 7 scope later after all bench work is done, then resight in the rifle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.