Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body out there loading for Savage 110 BA in .338 Lapua with VLD bullets. Also shoot 45/70 just because it is fun. Know a guy that makes awesome rounds in several calibers. Including 45/70 in various weights. Looking for sources for best VLD rounds for 2000 yard shots. Why because I currently shoot 1000 to 1400 yards andwant to really gloat. Frind of mine shot a 4 inch group at 1000 yards in the Quigley matches. Those that know this caliber will recognize that this is phenominal shooting. He was using a vernier sight.

·
The Shadow (Moderator)
8,369 Posts
Looking for sources for best VLD rounds for 2000 yard shots. Why because I currently shoot 1000 to 1400 yards andwant to really gloat.
Frind of mine shot a 4 inch group at 1000 yards in the Quigley matches.
If you are looking for a recipe that you can use that will magically work, it doesn't exist. You gotta do your own work with your own gun, THEN you can truly gloat.
Best advice I have for you is be meticulous, and practice.
My best group at 1K with my 308 was a five shot, 8" group. In the years chasing those groups, it was minor changes that made big differences.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Find the Practical Riflery website. Dan, the site owner, has the same gun. Don't recall what bullets he shoots, though.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I wouldnt waste my time with Berger Bullets, I would get some 250gr. or 300gr. Sierra Match Kings and wouldnt look back. When it comes to accuracy and target competitions, Sierra has no equal, they have won more matches than all other manufacturers combined. But that is just me.

·
Banned
3,929 Posts
I don't shoot that particular caliber but have shot my wildcat project some. It is a .338/.300Ultra Mag (EDGE) I load my own of course.It holds 5 more grains of powder than the .338 Ultra Mag. I know one has to float a loan at the bank for Lapua brass nowdays.:eek: The big issue is finding someplace to shoot my rifle! I can go up to about 700 yds but that still is no big deal for this caliber, which by the way puts out around 65 pounds of recoil give or take.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts