Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fellows.I have a 35 rem caliber in a M arlin 336 a was wondering if any one has tryed reaming this cartrage to an improved.EG sharper shoulder angle and lengthening the leade for more velocity and performance.Lengthening the leade by one or to diameter to help keep down the chamber pressure to the level of the factory pressures. Wondering if this would give me the same performance roughy as a 356 win or 358 win with out to much expence or pressure. Any advice would be appreciated . As i know some one of you people out there most have tryed this or have looked into this at sometime. A lot of Marlin owners have been talking about converting over to 356 win or 358 win but by rebarreling and then still haveing the higher pressures.Wondering if my suggestion would be the better way to go. Thanks again .                                                                                    Chopper#1

·
Registered
123 Posts
Chopper;

In my opionion you are discussing one combination that does not warrent an improved cartridge.  The action works better with some taper on the cartridge for proper, easy feeding.  Removing that would likely cause more problems than the advantages you would gain.  

The second thing is you are working up to less cartridge than is readily available in the .356 Win.  I'm not sure there is any advantage, other than having something different.  The .35 Rem is ideal for what it does at this point and does not need that improved shape to help it.  You are not filling a gap in the available rounds, so I see no benefit.

Sorry.

dclark

·
Registered
187 Posts
Don't have any experience here.  My opinion, I doubt you could achieve .356 Win performance because case capacity would still be smaller.  Even in an improved form, the .35 Rem case is smaller diameter than .356 and shorter at the shoulder, too.  All other things being equal, to match velocity you still have to raise pressure if case capacity is smaller.  Don't know if lengthening the leade will help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ATTENTION!!! dCLARK AND WEAVE. Thanks for your  repleys on 35 improved  cartrage topic. My dad always said if you dont know dont be afrad to ask.Thanks again guy I appreciat your time and input on this topic.                                                                               Chopper#1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts