Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
71 Posts
Coyote Bullet for .35 Remington

I used the Remington 180-gr. SJHP bullets for the .357 Magnum with great success on feral dogs in the .35 Whelen at about 2200 f.p.s. Above about 2000 f.p.s. they are too destructive for deer, but should be just the ticket for a coyote load in your .35 Remington.

· Banned
71 Posts
220 Speer

My understanding is that the 220-gr. Speer has a heavier jacket and is intended for the .358 Winchester, the .35 Whelen, .358 Norma Magnum, .350 Remington and that class of cartridges. I'm not sure that the bullet would perform properly at the velocities obtained in safe pressures with the .35 Remington. Within SAAMI pressure limitations you'd be lucky to get 2000 f.p.s.,

You can exceed SAAMI pressures a bit, to about 46,000, to reach 2200 f.p.s. in a strong bolt action with a 22" barrel, which would make it a 200 yard rifle, but above that pressure the brass is really too thin to push any more.

Your best bet is a Remington 600 (which they made a few of in .35 Remington) a Winchester Model 70 (rare collectible in that caliber), Remington 760 pump (they did make a few, but they are scarce) or a custom '98 Mauser (fairly common post WWII conversion).

I wish somebody would make a trim bolt action such as an M77 Ruger in .35 Remington with a 22" barrel and ghost ring peep sights...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.