Shooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
Very nice group 👍 What bullet were you using?

Reactions: jwp475

·
Registered
22 Posts
Very nice

Not sure if you are on FB, but the 35 Whelen page is a testament to just how inherently accurate this cartridge seems to be..

Pretty much every bullet, without much fuss or muss gets good solid groups, with a bit of tweaking they get down right seriously accurate

I have one of the newer CVA Scout V2 with the improved trigger, thing is almost easy to build a load for, I wish I had become interested in the round years ago..

I went with it since most shots up here are around 100 yards, 200 yards is a long shot, I love my 338 wm but there just isn't many places to stretch it's legs up here..
The idea that I can use 270 & 30-06 brass in a pinch just made it more appealing in the last year or so

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
What a great group and wonderful rifle. I debated on having JES do my 6X63 to the Whelen or 9.3X62. I decided on the 9.3 and don't regret it at all, but am envious!!

Reactions: jwp475

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Very nice

Not sure if you are on FB, but the 35 Whelen page is a testament to just how inherently accurate this cartridge seems to be..

Pretty much every bullet, without much fuss or muss gets good solid groups, with a bit of tweaking they get down right seriously accurate

I have one of the newer CVA Scout V2 with the improved trigger, thing is almost easy to build a load for, I wish I had become interested in the round years ago..

I went with it since most shots up here are around 100 yards, 200 yards is a long shot, I love my 338 wm but there just isn't many places to stretch it's legs up here..
The idea that I can use 270 & 30-06 brass in a pinch just made it more appealing in the last year or so
Thanks for the heads up about the Facebook 35 Whelen groups.

Reactions: gssixgun
1 - 10 of 10 Posts