Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just got my shippment of BTB .359, 210 Gr. LFNGC's and am anxious to give them a try. This appears to be an odd weight and am hard pressed to find data...most published data is for 200, 220 or 250 gr.. Has anyone worked with this particular bullet/caliber? I have had good success using RCBS 200 GR. FNGC's with IMR 4350. I would like to use the same powder for these 210's....where should I start, in the absence of published data? Have been told it's safe to use data for 200 gr. Lead as the starting 42 gr. is a low pressure load. Also, how is IMR 4320 with Cast? Looks to be a little faster burning and should put me over the 2000 fps mark. Is 4320 thought of as accurate for these applications? I like the idea of filling the case up as much as I can, which is why I like 4350. It is also harder to overload, which is appealing since I am working with only one peeper. Would appreciate any comments and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Compare the amount of bullet behind the crimp goove between your 200's and the 210's. Use your starting loads if they are very similar and work your way up. If the 210 eats up more case than the 200's lower your start load by a few grains and work your way up. If you are familiar with pressure signs from primers to case head expansion and difficult extraction, you should have no problems determining a reasonable load. A chronograph is a useful tool for load development if you have one.

·
Banned
145 Posts
Hey Chris!,

How have you been?

I ran across some loads that Marshall had posted on the old server that I had saved concerning the 210 gr BTB.

They are:

50.0 gr. of H335 with Win. Large rifle primers and Win. Brass for 2310 fps.

47.3 gr. IMR 4895 with Win Lrg. rifle primers and Win. Brass for 2446 fps.

40.8 gr. of H4198 with Win. Lrg. rifle primers and Win Brass for 2487 fps.

40.0 gr. of AA2015 with Win Lrg. rifle primers and Win Brass for 2332 fps.

Those are the only ones I have for the 210 grainer! I was surprised that Loadswap didn't list the 210s. I hope this helps a bit and good luck with the loads.

Reb

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited by Moderator)
KCIH and REB,

Many thanks for the info fellas. Doing good Reb, and hope you guys are the same. Thanks for the load info and suggestions. I was hoping someone had saved that info before the big crash of the beartooth site last year. They sound like good hunting loads. The BTB 210 has two crimp grooves. From just looking at it, the crimp groove that is farthest back seems like it would leave much more space between the powder charge and bullet base...for lower pressure I assume. That is appealing, but in the absense of any real throat in my Winchester...don't know if I can use it. I had trouble with the WFN designs for that reason also.....they really jammed into the rifling if you loaded to the crimp groove. Will hopefully make it to the range soon with these little ******* and report back. Thanks so much again for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts