Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Beartooth Regular
1,178 Posts
An idea I always wanted to try was a stretched version of the B&D based on the use of 445 Super Mag cases.

Simply use the standard B&D sizer die to place the shoulder in the correct location and a 44 Mag carbide sizer to size the web of the case further down when needed.

This will basically set the bottom of the shoulder at the length of an empty 44 Mag case, utilizing all the extra powder space.

Not sure about feeding in a Marlin though.

Regards

· Beartooth Regular
1,178 Posts
I believe with the 35/444 AKA 358 JDJ type rounds, you run into OAL problems in the leverguns unless the Marlin case is shortened somewhat. The 35 cal bullets are longer in comparable weights.

There are a ton of possibilities.

There is also the 360 DW (brass from Starline) which is a Dan Wesson sponsored case that is a mid length 357 mag type case falling in length roughly in between the Max and Mag. 1.4" I believe. I've also toyed with the idea of the 5.6X50R Magnum case necked up to 35 cal. At least in a Contender. Case Length would fall out at about 1.8" or so.

I like the Super Mag case because it would be a stronger rated case than the 35 Rem with a more modern profile and shorter length.

Then there are Krag cases shortened and necked up to 35. As a Contender shooter, I mostly stick with a rimmed case for easier use.

The Super Mag was developed in the 70's.

Regards

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.