Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put together a .358 STA on a mauser 98 action with a choate synthetic stock with a 30" ss barrel.Now will a .358 STA fit in a m98 action considering it use's the full h&h case not the cut down 2.5" version.I seen the 358 norma mag and liked it .But then i seen the 358 sta a true magnum with about 5,000 ft lbs of energy .I seen a nice mauser m98 i liked to + i love real long barrels so i want to combine these into one rifle .I know people say'rem 700 is the only action you can build a custom rifle on" But i just have a strong dislike for remington i dont even buy their shotshells :D.SO what all needs to be done to fit a 358 sta in a m98 action is their a specific m98 action i need.Any recommended mauser gunsmiths etc?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know there is a small ring mauser and a large ring mauser.What about all the m98's you see converted to 375 h&h or 500 jefferie?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
your best bet would be to keep an eye on midway usa, they are going to start carrying the zastava mausers in 3 magazine lengths, one of which is the 375 length magazine with the magnum bolt face. from a metalugic as well as an economic standpoint this is the way to go. good luck finding a 30" tube... it seems that there are a couple outfits that offer them but i can't recall right off the top of my head...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts